New to Kayaking? Learn from the pros at Kayak Academy at our Intro to Kayaking lessons!
- How do I get started kayaking safely?
- When should I buy a kayak?
- What gear do I need to go with my kayak?
Get your feet wet – literally. Learn and try launching and landing techniques for one-person sea kayaks. Practice: paddling forward and backward, steering, and stopping. This class is open to beginners and first time kayakers. Intro to Kayaking
Registration is required at the entrance, a release of liability form completed, and participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Minimum Age: 12
Time: 30 minutes
What to bring:
- Dress for the Northwest weather.
- Water Shoes
- Sun Protection
- Bring extra clothes to leave in your car.
What we provide:
- PFD-lifejacket. Everyone is required to wear one.