Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 10:30 a.m.
This spectator-friendly race on the shores of Lake Sammamish State Park features a 6-mile course of kayakers, stand-up paddleboarders and outriggers in a three-lap race along the shores. We will also be hosting a 2-mile course (one lap) for those interested in a shorter run or just new to racing.
Both the 6-mile race and the 2-mile race will begin at 10:30a. The 6-mile race course is 3 laps. The 2-mile racers will finish after one lap.
Cost to register: $35 per person.
Race registration includes an all-day pass to the Northwest Paddling Festival. Demo the best gear in the world after you finish the course.
Red Paddle – Dragon World Series Race
Saturday, May 13
Tournament begins: 2p
Red Paddle Co announces Inaugural Dragon World Series, World’s First Team Standup Paddle Racing Competition. Red Paddle Co, the world’s most popular inflatable stand up paddleboard brand is an entirely new concept in SUP competition featuring four-person team racing. Using Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary 22-foot Dragon Race Board, teams can compete in dozens of worldwide events, culminating in the Dragon World Championships on October 28-30, 2017, in Carlisle Bay, Barbados.
- You will need four (4) people to compete in each race, but you can substitute a maximum of two people per race.
- Anyone over the age of 12 years can enter a Dragon World Series event. No matter whether you’re a beginner or professional, everyone’s welcome.
- Teams must use a Red Dragon SUP
- Boards will be provided by Red Paddle Company
- Sign-ups will be available at the festival